The City of Oxford allows organizations/individuals to promote community events on a banner across the 100 East High Street block.
Please read the rules for Community Event Banners before filling out the application.
Rules for Community Event Banners
Banners must meet the following specifications:
- Must clearly publicize community event*.
- Can stay up no more than seven days. They are usually installed on Monday morning and taken down the following Monday morning.
- Must be constructed as follows:
- Made from 18 oz. banner material
- Measure 3′ X 25′ (36″ X 300″)
- Hemming: Top & Bottom, Finishing: Stitching
- Webbing: 55 feet of 1″ white webbing SEWN into the top and bottom edges. Webbing to extend 20′ on top and bottom of each corner.
- Grommets: 13 grommets across the top – spaced 24″ apart
- Spring Clips: 2.5″ – 3″ heavy duty spring clip attached to each grommet
- At least 4 vent holes, cut into the face to allow wind to pass through
- Must be delivered to the City of Oxford, Streets & Maintenance Facility at 945 S. Main Street, (513) 523-8412, between 8 AM & 2:30 PM on the Friday before the scheduled installation. They must be picked up within 14 days of removal or they will be recycled.
*A community event shall be defined as any function clearly contributing to the culture, heritage or welfare of the Greater Oxford area. Banners that advertise events that are solely commercial in nature shall not be accepted.
Banner Fee: $100 – this included installation and removal. Banners are installed on Monday and removed the next Monday.
Banner requests will not be accepted more than 60 days prior to the event.
The City Manager shall have discretion regarding approval of all banners.
After reading the rules above, please fill out this application. If you have any questions, reach out to John Buchholz: firstname.lastname@example.org.