Much has been written in recent years about blockchain and its potential use cases across many industries, including healthcare. But there has been a lot of hype, and it takes professionals with tremendous knowledge of the distributed ledger technology to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Maria Palombini is just that expert. In her work at the IEEE Standards Association, she has been witness to quite a lot when it comes to blockchain. And her area of expertise is healthcare.
On this podcast, Maria guides listeners through blockchain in healthcare today, offering a deep dive.
Like what you hear? Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Play!
- Blockchain has offered a lot of promise in healthcare, for use cases ranging from electronic health records to security
- What is real and what is hype
- Where blockchain has made progress in healthcare
- How is it moving forward?
- Where blockchain is lagging in healthcare
- Obstacles to progress
- Honest appraisal of where blockchain will be in healthcare 10 years from now
- What healthcare CIOs and other health IT leaders interested in blockchain can do to pursue this interest
More about this episode:
How the Synaptic Health Alliance is advancing blockchain in healthcare
Mayo Clinic to use blockchain for hypertension clinical trial
Debunking some of healthcare’s biggest blockchain myths
Healthcare blockchain leader talks challenges and trends in DLT
Blockchain built Avaneer Health network gets $50M boost from Aetna, Cleveland Clinic, others