Why In News?
On December 9, 2022, Rajasthan Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat inaugurated the four-day food festival ’56 Bhog Utsav- 2022‘ at Rajasthan Haat (Jal Mahal).
- The Industries Minister said that this event organized by the Industries Department and The Institute of Promotion of Enterprises will do an important job of improving the image of the products of the state.
- In the festival, delicious dishes of Rajasthan, famous spices, sweets, snacks, special foods and traditional, natural and modern appliances related to the kitchen will be available at one place.
- The Industries Minister said that this special event is being organized to introduce the local people and tourists to the cuisine, excellence of spices and regional diversity from all over the state. He said that the objective of the department is to provide a better platform to the cuisine running in the districts and to bring their fame to the national and international level.
- Rajasthan Industries Commissioner Mahendra Parakh said that the best dishes from almost all the districts of the state are being selected and displayed for the visitors. The department plans to organize such food festivals every year, so that the producers can get better customers with quality flavors to the people.
- He said that during the event, food competition, painting competition, talk show, quiz competition and various cultural programs will also be organized.
- It is noteworthy that in the year 2019, the ‘Rasoi-2019’ food festival was started by the Industries Department under the leadership of IAS K.K Pathak, which was also very successful and popular.
Why In News?
On December 9, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot while addressing a pre-budget interaction with farmers, cattle rearers, office bearers of dairy associations and representatives of tribal sector at the Chief Minister’s Office said that a separate budget will be presented for agriculture every year so that maximum benefits can be given to the farmers.
- The Chief Minister said that agriculture, animal husbandry and allied sectors are the backbone of the state’s GDP and economy. The state government is making all efforts to make necessary provisions for the prosperity and prosperity of the farmers and cattle rearers of the state through this year’s budget.
- The state government has taken a historic decision to bring a separate agriculture budget for the first time. The state government will make every effort to include all the useful suggestions in the agriculture budget.
- He said that despite the adverse geographical conditions and lack of water, about two-thirds of the population of the state always makes meaningful efforts to keep the state at the forefront in the field of agriculture with their hard work. The state government is trying its best to make such provisions in the budget, so that the income of farmers and cattle rearers of the state increases and they become prosperous.
- The Chief Minister said that for the welfare of farmers, in the past years, the state government has taken many important decisions like Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Urja Yojana, formation of Farmers Welfare Fund, Mukhyamantri Milk Producer Sambal Yojana, Loan Waiver, Cooperative Crop Loan Online Registration and Distribution Scheme, Rajasthan Agricultural Processing, Agri-Business and Agricultural Export Promotion Policy. Which are bringing positive changes in the agriculture sector. Agriculture and dairy sectors can be developed rapidly through technology and innovations in Rajasthan.
- The Chief Minister said that today the farmers of the state are moving towards advanced agriculture by adopting new techniques and innovations. In view of the scarcity of water in the state and the falling ground water level, the drip and fountain irrigation system brought by the state government is getting a boost. The government has implemented a scheme to meet the energy needs of farmers by installing solar panels in the fields.