Cement News

Thai nine-month cement demand rises by 6% year-on-year so far in 2022


Thailand: Siam Cement Group (SCG) recorded total national cement consumption growth of 6% year-on-year throughout the first nine months of 2022. The producer partly attributed the comparatively high figure to nationwide building site closures during the first nine months of 2021. In its management discussion and analysis of its third quarter 2022 results, the group noted commercial construction as the main driver of demand growth. Its cement consumption rose by 8% year-on-year, cement use by infrastructure projects grew by 6% and cement demand for residential projects rose by 5%.

Public construction supplies 40% of Thai domestic cement demand, with commercial and residential construction together accounting for the remaining 60%.

SCG previously reported that Thai cement demand had dropped by 5% year-on-year during the first half of 2022.



Source link