Lohegaon, 2nd November 2022: The Martheophilus School has given permission to Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) to develop the 205 DP road (to decongest Porwal Road) which passed through their property.
MLA Sunil Tingre informed about the sma eby tweeting, “Porwal Road gets jammed so there is a plan to build another road but the land of the school was coming in the way. After much request, now the school has agreed to hand over land for the road development.”
He added, “This will definitely help in reducing traffic congestion at Porwal Lohegaon road which was pending for many years.”
The CEO of the Martheophilus School issued a letter to PMC stating, “We refer to letter No 4164 dated 10th October 2022 from City Engineer’s Office, Bandh Kaam Vikas Vibag, Pune Municipal Corporation requesting our consent for handing over the portion of our property demarcated for the road passing through our property to the Pune Municipal Corporation.”
It further stated, “In this connection while we are giving our consent for the above purpose, we have to inform the following issues for your consideration. These issues were also discussed during our meetings with the Municipal Commissioner as well as the City Engineer.
1. Though we had requested the road to be in alignment of the already constructed road outside our property in a straight line across the nala, we reluctantly agree for the final demarcation done on 10th October 2022 abutting the nala as per the plan agreed during our meeting with the Municipal Commissioner.
2. Our property will get bifurcated in such a manner that the portion towards the nala side will become practically of no use to us and neither would there be any proper access for us to that section. We therefore request compensation for the entire portion falling towards the nala side including the area being taken for the proposed road.
3. As this property includes a running school, the fully functional open road passing through the property will pose risks for students playing around in our compound. We therefore request you to construct a proper boundary wall flush along the road.
4. No additional land can be handed over to the Municipal corporation in future as we already have plans to construct additional buildings and infrastructure for educational purpose abutting the proposed road.
5. We request for maximum permissible compensation in lieu of our loss as described in para 2 above either in the form of cash compensation/Bonds.”
On September 21, MLA Sunil Tingre and the officials of the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) inspected the Dhanori Jakat Naka to Dr Martheophilus School as road widening work is required to solve the traffic congestion in the Dhanori area and Porwal Road.
A letter was sent to the school regarding the need for the school site to be taken over by the PMC as soon as possible for this widening.
Now Also Read News In Marathi
Join Punekar News Whatsapp Group, Telegram, Instagram And Twitter For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad
Also Read Political News On Sarkar Khabar