20 May 2022
The UK Government has launched ‘Britain is Great’ campaign designed to highlight the UK’s investment in clean automotive strategies and open up new opportunities within the global marketplace.
Under the banner of the UK Pavilion, a consortium of automotive pioneers will take part in a series of trade events spanning six countries, in a bid to demonstrate why Britain is an attractive proposition for overseas investment into cutting-edge automotive innovation.
By highlighting some of the major success stories to emerge from the UK’s thriving clean automotive scene, the campaign will show the attractiveness of the sector and the collaboration opportunities that are on offer. Visitors to the UK Pavilion will also learn how they can benefit from the UK’s “status as a world-renowned centre for automotive innovation and research”.
The ’Britain is Great’ international events programme will officially get underway with the JSAE (Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan) Annual Congress in Yokohama, Japan. Running in 25-27 May as a hybrid event, JSAE is Japan’s largest automotive exhibition. Bringing together representatives from the global automotive technology and investment community, JSAE will display the latest technologies and innovations that are shaping a new low-carbon phase in automotive.
Philippa Oldham, Director of Stakeholder Engagement at Advanced Propulsion Centre – which is managing the programme on behalf of the UK Government – said: “Our international events programme gives us a unique platform to showcase exactly why Britain is a prime location for investment and a world leader when it comes to automotive technology.
“As one of the cornerstones of the UK economy, it is essential that the sector continues to strengthen its clean technology capability while proactively exploring new opportunities to consolidate trade links around the globe. Events like JSAE allow UK businesses to connect with like-minded organisations, helping to accelerate the advancement of clean technologies, something that will benefit the wider industry. Working to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of automotive will significantly enhance its future prospects, creating jobs as part of a high-value, low-carbon green economy.
“The goal of the UK Pavilion is to showcase the investment opportunities in the UK automotive sector by offering a platform to some of our most innovative businesses.”
The UK Pavilion exhibitor line-up at JSAE will include the following companies:
• Constellium – a provider of advanced aluminium solutions for automotive components, helping global manufacturers produce lighter, safer, and more fuel-efficient vehicles
• Continental Engineering Services – an independent operating provider of comprehensive engineering services for powertrain development and integration services for hybrid and electric vehicles
• Drive System Design – a engineering consultancy dedicated to innovation in powertrains and associated technologies
• Flettner Ventilator – a developer of environmentally-friendly ventilation solutions for vehicles used in the distribution of food and livestock
• Humanising Autonomy – a solutions provider dedicated to making vehicles safer using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Intelligent Energy – a fuel cell engineering company focused on automotive
• Pickering Interfaces – a specialist in systems and sensor simulation for automotive test applications
• Saietta – an expert in propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles, helping to deliver axial flux motor technology to the mass market
• SBD Interface – an automotive technology consultancy dedicated to research and strategic support to inform decision making for vehicle manufacturers and their partners
• Total Sim – a business that offers vehicle testing facilities to aid the development of new automotive technologies
• What3words – an innovative technology business that has created a new global location referencing system that will support voice-activated navigation
• Willams Advanced Engineering – A specialist in battery management systems to deliver analytics for extended life, maximised performance and enhanced reliability.
Due to run between May and October 2022, the programme will span six countries across the following events:
• EVS35, Norway
• Battery Show Europe, Germany
• Battery Cells and Systems Expo, UK
• The Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle Show (LCV), UK
• Battery Show America, USA
• Auto Expo, India
• DIFA, Korea
For information on the ‘Britain is Great’ International Events Programme that is flying the flag for the UK automotive industry, click here.